RTC Regional Transportation Commission (6/14/17)
Job Posting: Trip Reduction Specialist
Summary: Under general direction, promotes public transportation alternatives to the community and employers. Targets specific developments, routes and audiences to provide information and incentives to increase transit ridership through the Smart Commute Options program, including carpools, vanpools and there transit products and services.
Tasks: The following list of tasks, knowledge, skills, and other class characteristics are intended to be illustrative of the tasks performed by positions in this class.
• Develops and implements programs and promotional communications to increase ridership on specific routes and to reduce single occupant vehicle trips.
• Oversees regional vanpool program.
• Develops and approves employer trip reduction programs.
• Develops and maintains program budget, reports and applicable databases.
• Produces and presents agenda items to the RTC Board.
• Communicates program information and benefits to various audiences.
• Develops network of community contacts and forms partnerships to meet goals.
• Tracks ridership as it relates to trip reduction, vanpool and carpool programs.
• Coordinates special promotional events as it relates to trip reduction, carpool and vanpool programs and various community meetings.
• Works with local jurisdictions to develop ETR requirements.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of business principles and planning concepts.
• Knowledge of transit products and services.
• Knowledge of budget elements.
• Knowledge of marketing and promotional materials.
• Knowledge in organized file and record keeping.
• Skill in meeting deadlines.
• Skill in using specialized computer software.
• Skill in effective verbal and written communication and establishing effective working relations.
• Skill in public speaking and developing presentations.
• Skill in overcoming objections and using sales techniques.
• Skill in completing and submitting multiple projects in a timely manner.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Trip Reduction Specialist JD
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, communications, marketing or related field;
• Three (3) years professional level experience in business development, corporate communications, or marketing;
• Familiarity with local community, experience in public speaking and public outreach efforts is preferred; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license required at time of appointment.
• Have the physical ability to sit for extended periods; ability to frequently stand and walk; ability to lift and move objects to 25 lbs.; ability to use office equipment including computer, telephones, calculators, copiers, and Fax
For more information: https://www.rtcwashoe.com/about/careers/
Use the Transp-TDM listserve to seek openings in TDM nationwide, send an email to: